Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins

 Muffins are one of my favorite snacks to have on hand. In the afternoon I often need a little pick me up

 and it’s bonus points if is chocolate and peanut butter. I love my Reese’s zucchini muffins and decided

 I needed another muffin recipe that included peanut butter. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins fit

 the bill, are easy to make and a great snack.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins – Deliciously moist and fluffy chocolate muffins that are

 loaded with peanut butter and banana flavour, and stuffed full of chocolate chips. Perfect with a hot

 cup of tea or coffee!

What you’ll need for epic peanut butter muffins :

peanut butter ~ although I love natural peanut butter I don’t like to bake with it because of the oily

 separation. Jiff is my baking fave, creamy or crunchy is up to you. You can use no a sugar peanut

 butter, but don’t use a low fat variety. Note: Jiff and Skippy both have ‘natural’ varieties that are a good

 compromise and will work well in these muffins.

vegetable oil ~ the oil in the muffins keeps them exceptionally moist. Use a neutral veg oil like canola,

 corn, or safflower.

milk

eggs ~Two large or extra large.

mini chocolate chips ~ (or regular chocolate chips!)

flour ~ I use all purpose, measured by fluffing the flour first, then scooping it with your measuring cup,

 and leveling off with the side of a knife. You’ll get accurate, consistent amounts.

brown sugar ~ brown sugar contains molasses that that makes baked goods extra moist and flavorful.

vanilla extract ~ For flavor.



Tips:

I didn’t have any muffin liners on hand when I made these peanut butter muffins, so I made my own

 using parchment paper. Here is my tutorial I recently shared on how to make your own muffin liners.

Alternatively you can grease and flour the cavities of your muffin tin.

Don’t over-mix the muffin batter, or your muffins will be dense and dry. Mix gently by hand, using a

spoon or spatula.

Add the chocolate chips once the flour mixture is halfway incorporated. This helps keep the batter from

 becoming over-mixed, which might happen if you stir the chips in once the batter is already combined

 completely.

Take care to not over-bake your muffins or they will be dense, dry, and crumbly. 



Ingredients

 

2/3 cup sugar

1 1/4 cup all purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 large egg

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 cup cocoa

1 cup milk

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup plain yogurt

Peanut Butter- ½ Tablespoon per muffin

1/2 cup mini chocolate chips


Instructions

 

Preheat your oven to 375 and line a muffin pan with paper liners.

In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredients and mix together until

 just combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.

Fold in the chocolate chips.

Spoon batter into muffin pans about 2/3 full.

Take ½ tablespoon of peanut butter per muffin and dollop it in the center of the muffin batter on each

 muffin.

Bake on 375º Fahrenheit for 12-14 minutes or until a fork comes out clean.

Let cool before removing from muffin tin and enjoy!